Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Room w/a view at Trembling Hills


Yes, Steven J. Lehner always has sage advice.

The first few years of our bareboat charter trips I always wondered why my older cousin took a 10th day of vacation. The end of the trip would come around, and he would always be talking about Monday on the couch. He would joke about checking himself into a room at Trembling Hills. Detox with a view!

Years went by, and I got older. Suddenly I did not enjoy that first day back at work, having just returned at 1 AM in the morning from a solid 9 days of "breakfast cylinders", rum runners, and 2AM beer & a Stuben. In fact, most of my Monday at work revolved around me - face down on the desk - sweating and hoping that I did not get a lot of phone calls. Praying for the day to end so that I could go home and collapse on the couch in the fetal position. I would spend the day wondering why I did not take Monday off - that critical 10th day of recovery.

Here is to you Steven J. Lehner, and the critical 10th day of vacation. I plan to make my reservation for a room w/a view at Trembling Hills in advance of our next trip! Or you can just book it for me when you place your reservations!

No comments: