
Have you ever known anyone that would go out of their way for a specific restaurant. In college, I remember driving with my roommate from Ames Iowa to East Dubuque Illinois to have a foot long chili dog. I thought Gretch was nuts, but that was one seriously good chili dog - or was I just drunk??? Oh well, it was worth the 3 hour drive one way to get there...
My sister on the other hand has a freakish pizza jones. Here is what she endured:
* 20 minute drive to the airport
* 3 hour flight to Puerto Rico Airport
* 2 hour layover in Puerto Rico
* 2 hour flight to St Lucia
* 1 hour bus ride to marina to pick up sailboat
* 24 hours of sailing to make it to Admiralty Bay - Bequia.
* 5 minute dinghy ride to shore and a short walk to Mac's
WHAT POSSIBLY CAN BE WORTH ALL THIS YOU ASK???
Lobster Pizza!
Eat up - it is fantastic!
2 comments:
Gretch wasn't crazy! Those foot long chili dogs at Mulgrew's were the best around. I remember back in high school cutting class just to go there for lunch at least twice a week. We skipped the onion if we didn't want the dean to know where we'd been!
THAT's it! Mulgrew's chilli dogs! I couldn't remember the name, thanks for the reminder. Are they still there?
Post a Comment